- For Information on Loans and Grants that are available to you, please visit https://studentaid.alberta.ca/apply/
- Below is a detailed summary of the method of payment available to our students, as we do require the Full Tuition Payment before or on the First day of class.
Alberta Student Loans
If you decide to apply for funding through Alberta Student Aid or other Province Student Loans, you must already be registered to the school. Without registering, we are unable to confirm you as a student in the Academy. For information of Alberta Student Loans and how to apply, please visit https://studentaid.alberta.ca/
If this is the route you will be taking for funding please keep in mind it can take up to 4 - 6 weeks for the funds to be disbursed. The sooner you submit your loan application the better. Once your application is processed, you will receive a Student Award Letter. This will tell you:
- Whether you are eligible for funding
- How much you can expect to receive in loans and/or grants
- When you can expect to receive the funding
If this is the first time you are approved for Student aid, you must sign loan agreements which are called "Master Student Financial Assistance Agreements" or MSFAA for short. A Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) is a one-time legal agreement between you and your loan provider. There are two separate loan agreements for Alberts Student Loans and Canada Student Loans. You will receive a loan agreement in the following situations:
- The first time you apply for full-time post secondary funding
- If you have had previous funding and return to school after a break of 2 or more years, or
- You have had previous funding from another Province
Once your application is approved, login to your Student Aid account and follow the instructions on how to complete your loan agreements. You will not receive your money until your agreements are complete.
Student Line of Credit
Another funding option is a bank loan through a Student Line of Credit. Most students will need a co-signer. Make sure you are fully prepared for this when you book your appointment with a personal banking officer. Also it is very important that you look into what your bank offers in terms of interest rates, as well as their policies. In order to receive a Student Line of Credit from the bank, they will require a Proof of Enrolment letter from the school. This means you must be registered and enrolled at the Academy. Once enrolled, the Administrative Director will give you a Proof of Enrolment letter for the bank.
To find out more information about Student Credit Lines, contact your financial institute and ask to speak to a personal banking officer.
If you are wanting more information on Canada Student Loans, please contact National Student Loans at 1-888-815-4514
If you are wanting more information on Alberta Student Loans, please contact Alberta Student Aid at 1-855-606-2096
If you require further, please do not hesitate to contact us at tel:1 (403) 208-0034